Western Slope Orthopaedics always welcomes resumes and letters of interest from people interested in joining the WSO team.
X-Ray Technician, Part-time
The X-Ray Technician maintains current licensing as a Limited Scope or Radiologic Technician. The X-Ray technician ensures that doctors’ X-Ray orders are promptly identified and completed while providing a patient experience that is friendly, calm, helpful, and safe. The Technician will be comfortable taking X-Rays of shoulders, hips, knees, arms and legs, and extremities.
This part-time position works 1 – 2 days per week and reports to the Clinic Supervisor.
Additional responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Preparing for Clinic by printing patient list, preparing equipment, and ensuring X-Ray area is clean, well-organized, and stocked with needed supplies.
- Watching for incoming X-Ray requests, and processing requests quickly and accurately.
- Explaining procedures to patients and answering questions.
- Positioning patients for imaging exams.
- Monitoring patients during exams.
- Documenting information with computers.
- Reporting valuable information to the physician.
- Ensuring safety of patients during exams.
- Escorting patients from exam room to x-ray room and preparing them for x-ray.
- Assisting patients, when appropriate, with positioning on table or standing for x-ray.
- Making backup copies of patient x-rays.
- Recording, mailing and/or returning outside film or CD.
- Downloading images from other facilities.
- Maintaining equipment by cleaning equipment daily, following preventative maintenance schedule, and documenting maintenance.
- Providing general clinic support as requested.
Minimum Skills, Abilities, Knowledge, and Aptitude include:
- Understands and abides by HIPAA at all times.
- Adheres to safety procedures at all times.
- Maintains current certification as a Radiological Technician or Limited Scope Technician.
- Highly knowledgeable in all terminology related to radiography, anatomy, and pathology.
- Highly proficient using medical EHR and PM software, X-Ray programs, and general computer usage.
- Consistently pays attention to detail.
- Communicates professionally, clearly, and with empathy.
- Able to develop a rapport with physicians, medical assistants, patients, and office staff.
- Properly maintains equipment and records.
- Promptly follows-up on responsibilities and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Pro-actively seeks out ways to help others, i.e. is a strong team player.
- Able to squat, sit, stand, and lift up to 25# intermittently.
Western Slope Orthopaedics is located in Montrose, CO. We offer a generous compensation package, friendly staff, fun work environment, and opportunity for growth. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: JKunz@wsorthodocs.com.
- LSO or RT certification required
- EHR experience helpful
- Pay depends upon experience
- Full-time M-F 8-5. No night/weekend shifts.
- Benefits include: PTO, paid holidays, medical insurance, and 401K.
Please send resume with desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical and dental insurance provided for the employee after 60 days
- Health Savings Account
- 401k after one year.
Please contact us for more information.